Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sad Dog

I really have nothing to blog about. I mean I guess I do, but all of my pictures are at home and I am at work right now, so this is it. :) Last weekend Jer and I made 3 dozen homemade cinnamon rolls for our families, we made cute little jars of homemade marshmallows and Angela and I assembled some Christmas cookie mixes for neighbors and co-workers. I want to post pictures of my holiday baking as well as our house, but since I don't have the pictures here at my office that will have to wait!

This week is kind of driving me crazy, I feel like I am just waiting for Christmas to get here. The majority of Jeremy's family from TX fly in tonight and I am so excited to have a nice long weekend to spend with them as well as my own family. I have a pile of work that needs to be done at my office, but it seems as though everyone is already on vacation and so all of my unfinished business is going to have to stay unfinished until people get back from the holiday and provide me with some responses. And so here I sit...

Next week we have a lady coming into the house to work with our dogs. I love my dogs, but they are CRAZY. Combined they weigh a total of 20 lbs. so they can't do much damage, but still the craziness is starting to concern me and so before baby arrives we are going to get some order in the house. I am really looking forward to a peaceful life with dogs. Lately Bella has been making me so sad with all of her antics. She is 8 years old and so neurotic. Two weeks ago Jeremy and I came home and she had clawed her way through the side of her crate, torn out a tooth in doing so and completely thrashed the side of our nightstand, while leaving a pool of blood on her dog bed. The battery in our smoke alarm was going out and so when I got home that day it was beeping and I think it made her so crazed that she just freaked the heck out. When she was a year old my house got broken into and she was in it, she had some markings from the burglars and from that point on she has been super crazy about people coming into her territory; my best guess is that the beeping of the smoke alarm sounded like our house alarm going off when we walk in and so I think that she thought someone was in her house. All of this is long overdue and when this last incident happened it finally motivated me. So wish me and my crazies good luck as we strive towards a more peaceful and happy 2011!