Sunday, May 10, 2009

Reno, Mother's Day & A Birthday


So I'm posting this at the end of the day, it's been a whirlwind of a weekend and I didn't want the day to slip by completely without posting a note about my dad!!!  We had a great weekend in Reno watching baseball and celebrating both my dad's birthday and Mother's day with the Nevis family!  I hope my dad enjoyed the weekend, Brad flew up from San Diego so that we could make it a complete family celebration and it was a blast!  Dad, it was so wonderful to get to celebrate with you and I love you so much!!!

I have to keep my tradition of 10 favorite things going so here we go!
1. I love my dad's devotion, he is so loyal and devoted to his family.
2. He has very strong morals and values 
3. He is a very social person and I love that about him! 
4. My dad is the hardest worker I've ever met, he has always strived to provide his family with the best life possible and has worked his butt off for years to achieve that. 
5. He is strong willed, I'm not so sure that I have always liked this about my dad, however I'm pretty sure that this is where my will and determination  come from and as I have gotten older I have come to appreciate him for that.  
6. If I mentioned loyalty, let me re-iterate that...the man likes his Ford Explorers I think he ownes or has owned a total of 6; he could seriously help the Geweke family with their marketing! :)
7. My dad loves kids and I think it has kept him extremely young at heart; he loves to keep up with highschool sports and support the teams even though all of his kids are all past their highschool years, he enjoys having young blood around him.
8. He is very sentimental,  he loves to reminisce about things past and it's not something most people probably know about my dad because he is so reserved.
9. On my wedding day he was the one person I couldn't look at; for some reason just the sight of him made me cry.  
10. He is the best dad a person could ask for; I am so eternally grateful for all of the things my dad has done for myself and my family throughout the years and all of lifes lessons that he has taught us.


Now onto this little Devil...
I couldn't resist posting this picture of Ollie, he has and OBSESSION with glasses and tonight he was having a hay day with grandpa's glasses.

Mother's Day
We had such a nice day today at Mike and Brooke's.  Brooke had all of us over for Mother's Day brunch and it was fabulous, here are a few pictures from our morning at the Nevis house.  I was hoping to get a family shot of the Day side of the family to post with this as well, but I got a bit sidetracked.  Anyhow, Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's...you are the best!  I know how much I adore my mom and I am thrilled to have a day to celebrate her and all that she does!!!  

The whole fam...
Reno Gala
Saturday night Mike and Brooke invited Jeremy and I to the Juvenile Diabetes Gala and let me tell you this was quite an event!  All 4 of us girls spent the afternoon drinking champagne and getting dolled up for the festivities and so I thought I would post a couple of shots before we headed off to the Gala. 


So after all of this and 2 nights of staying out until 3am I am off to bed!  :)