Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little bit of blabber...

This is what is going on today: no sleep + upset stomach + acrobatic baby = one tired mama to be. Now when I say "no sleep", I don't just mean like one or two nights a week, I am talking about like an entire week of not sleeping. Natures way of gearing me up for motherhood is what I would like to call all of this, and it has been going on since I found out I was pregnant. At first it was nerves and excitement and now it has turned into a burst of energy come 10 o'clock with a 3, 4, or if I am lucky, a 5 am wake up call. Poor Jeremy is all I have to say. I have been complaining to him about all of this and I am sure he is tired of waking up in the morning to find me awake and telling him how I've been up since 3:30 or been awake for the last hour uncomfortable with stomach pains. Life as we knew it is gone and slowly being replace with a new life. A very exciting journey, but those leisurely nights of wine, casual dinners and sleeping in late have gone by the wayside and have been replaced with sugar cravings, a wife who only wants to cook about 2 nights a week and a very un-restful nights sleep. So in honor of my dear husband and all of my complaining, I thought that it would be nice to post something loving in his honor, because after all he is putting up with a lot right now and he should be recognized for the adorable, loving and handsome human being that he is.
How I knew he was the one for me:
1) He makes me laugh a lot. I am a pretty serious person and I don't really have a great sense of humor. I'd like to think that I do, but if I'm being honest with myself, I know I don't. I have that serious "get er' done" Jelavich personality and Jeremy is so lighthearted and happy that it's a perfect balance for me. And it makes me happy to have someone to laugh with.
2) He is the most thoughtful person I know. I have said this before, but I truly believe it. He is that way with me, his family, my family, perfect strangers, friends and everyone else who comes into contact with him. He is always asking me if I told someone how much I appreciated their help, asking me to write a note or drop off a cookies to the person who went above and beyond. He always says that it's human nature to let someone know when something is wrong, but they often times don't take the time to show appreciation when something is right. It's so true and I think that it is a wonderful attribute to the person he is; always thinking kindly and wanting to make someone feel good.
3) He makes me feel better. He is the first person that I go to for anything. Sometimes I feel bad about this because I feel like I dump so much on him. But in truth, sometimes he is the only person who can make me feel better. For instance, he knows how nervous I am about parenthood. Not necessarily, will I be a good mom, but more so how I am going to balance being a good wife, a mother and my career. So Saturday night I unexpectedly walked out into our living room which was filled with balloons, crepe paper and a cake that he decorated saying "Future Mother of the Year". Super cheesy I know, but honestly that amount of cheese made me feel like a million dollars. Just knowing that we are in this together and that he has my back just as much as I have his is all the comfort I need in this crazy world. I love him for that.
4) He puts up with me. Now this one is challenging at times, I know it is, but somehow he manages. He deals with me and all of my idiosyncrasies and he does a pretty good job at it. Sometimes I am hard on him and I know I shouldn't be, I am just so hard on myself and I forget that not everyone takes everything so seriously. His desire to relax and have fun takes precedence over all else and truthfully it is just what I need, otherwise I would be like a spinning top who never stopped, so I am grateful for his very easygoing personality, even if I don't always recognize that. Once again it is the perfect balance for me.
5) He is the best long term partner a person could ask for. I know we all (hopefully) feel this way about our partners, but for me he really is. His love, friendship, values and morals are all in line with mine. Not to say that we don't disagree on a lot of things, but the big stuff is all there. We deeply care about one another, our family, our growing little one, our friends, we share the same values and morals and I know that we will instill great beliefs in our children. I can't wait to look back on our life years from now after various trials and tribulations to see the two of us still standing strong, hand in hand looking back on our own little family as they too start similar adventures.
Now for the little one doing acrobatics inside my belly, you are already so dear to me and I can't wait to meet you. Won't you please be kind to your mother and let her have just a couple of peaceful nights sleep a week so that your poor father can have a break from all of my complaining?