Saturday, August 6, 2011

Two Months...say what!?!


No way is my baby boy 2 months old! Seriously, where did the time go? You wouldn't even believe how big he is getting. I feel like he is changing so much everyday, I just want to freeze time so that I can enjoy him right where his is and remember this moment for a little bit longer. Honestly, everyday I love this little man more and more.

Here are a few fun facts about us at two months:

He LOVES it when we sing to him; nothing makes him smile like his mothers awful voice or the sweet sounds of his daddy, friends or other relatives singing to him.

He is the HAPPIEST baby. This is no joke, I can seriously go an entire day without hearing this kid cry. He is happy having play time by himself, he is happy in his swing, he is happy in a sling, in our arms, or laying down staring at the ceiling. Nothing ruffles this little man's feathers. (This must mean that I am in for a real treat with my next child huh?!?)

He is a grunter. He makes the funniest noises when he wakes up in the morning or is trying to poop. I love his little grunty noises.

He has discovered his hands and feet. He loves to explore with his hands; batting at objects, sticking them in his mouth and latching on to things (my hair, necklaces, and shirts seem to be his favorite things to tug on). He thinks his feet are the most interesting objects on the face of this earth, he can totally sit and stare at his toes moving around, which I think is quite cute.

He is so alert. He loves to look at his daddy with the sweetest and most loving wide eyes. He just sort of seems to follow Jeremy and watch him. I think that they are going to be the best of buds as he gets older.

He has the sweetest smiles. Honestly seeing him smile makes me the happiest person, I love that I have such a sweet and happy baby, it fills my heart. (Cheesy I know, but there really is nothing better than seeing your baby so happy).

He is sleeping through the night. He usually gets his last feeding between 9:30 and 10:30pm and will sleep until 7am. He wakes up happy, usually grunting and starting at all of his animals.

He is looking more and more like his daddy. He has the Day's round face and little round nose. I am beginning to think that the only trait of mine that he has is his long skinny body with Jelavich hands and feet.