We have been gearing up for the change in seasons around here. For me that means decorating for fall, for Jeremy that means getting in the spirit of Christmas. Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch and all morning he had Christmas music blaring around the house...living with Jeremy makes me feel like the Grinch; how can I get in the spirit this early, it's been 70+ degrees and sunny and I have just barely started to accept that fall is here!?!
On Friday night we had a nice last minute visit with Sara, she called me on Thursday and was looking to escape Bakersfield for a night so she drove up here and joined Jeremy and I for dinner with some friends. It was such a great visit and way too short as always. We had a fun evening here at the house chatting it up with her and our good friends Mark & Patrick. Jeremy and I bought a few new cases of wine and so we did a Zin tasting and cooked a fall themed dinner...it reminded me of how much I love to entertain, it seems like we've been gone so much lately that we haven't had much time to do things like this!
Here is the menu from our dinner party:
- Harvest Salad adapted from William Sonoma
- Spiced Pumpkin Pie w/ Bourbon Whipped Cream
- Wine Tasting:
XYZin 100 Year (My personal favorite), XYZin 50 Year, Rosenblum Cellars 07 Reserve, and last but not least 7 Deadly Zins.
And how cute are Mark and Patrick, they found these wine labels at Michael's courtesy of Martha Stewart: