Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Some things I want to remember...

I just found this post that I never published. It was written about 3 weeks before Reed joined us. I had so much fun reading this and remembering the night that I wrote this, May 16th, 2011:

"Some things I want to remember"...

Laying by the fire with Jeremy watching a movie, just the two of us. I really like our quiet nights and I know soon enough they will take on a whole new meaning.

The anticipation of meeting our baby. It has been a crazy 9 months of waiting, guessing, worrying, preparing and finally now; a calm and quiet peace has taken over as we enjoy our last moments before the baby arrives.

My other babies...my doggies. I am worried, their life is going to change too and for the past 6 & 8 years it has just been Jer, the dogs and I. It sounds stupid to many I am sure, but I love my 4 legged kids and I hope that they adjust to a new person in the house too. I am snuggling with them more and giving them lots of love before the baby takes over some of their time with us.

Winnie the duck, our house has become "fertile manor" as my mother in law calls it. We have the cutest duck that laid 11 eggs right out our back door and she has won both mine and Jeremy's heart. We have reorganized our life around this duck, the dogs backyard time is seriously limited by Winnie's whereabouts and we love to check on her. I think she has grown to like us too, the other night when we were walking through the park she followed us as we were cruising along with the dogs.

My first (almost) mothers day. Jer was sweet, he made me breakfast and got me the prettiest Nambe piece to add to my collection, knowing how much I love it. After that we had a quiet afternoon, napped, shopped and went to our favorite Thai place for takeout and a movie. It was perfect.

Pedicures, they are my current addiction. It has gotten to uncomfortable for me to bend over for long periods of time to paint my toes. My favorite way to relax right now is to go to my favorite spa and get a nice pedicure. I haven't had too many crazy pregnancy symptoms, but one thing that has plagued me is swollen ankles. They are so fat and so a pedicure has been just the perfect remedy for me to relax and take a load off of my fat and nasty feet.

I am glad to say that after almost two months our quiet nights are still intact, meeting our baby was the best feeling ever, the doggies are doing great and my feet no longer look like sausages. :)